Providing our Service requires collecting and using your information. Our Data Policy explains how we collect, use, and share information across our product. It also explains the many ways you can control your information, including through our privacy settings. You must agree to the Data Policy to use WittyVows.
1. Things you and others do and provide:
- Information and content you provide.We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context and what’s in them for the purposes described below.
- Networks and connections.We collect information about the people, event pages, accounts, hashtags you are connected to and how you interact with them across our products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of.
- Your usage.We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features like our awards.
- Things others do and information they provide about you.We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalize the content (including advertisements) or features you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad we showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes:information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations:information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers:unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers.
- Device signals:Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings:information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections:information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address.
- Cookie data:data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
2. How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below and to provide and support the WittyVows Products and related services described in the our Terms. Here’s how:
Provide, personalize and improve our Products.
We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to personalize features and content (including your WittyVows Feed and Ads) and make suggestions for you on and off our Products. To create personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, and activities based on the data we collect and learn from you and others; how you use and interact with our Products; and the people, places, or things you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Products.
- Location-related information:We use location related information such as your current location, location of event etc to provide, personalize and improve our Products, including ads for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things like precise device location (if you’ve allowed us to collect it), IP addresses, and information from your and others’ use of WittyVows’ Products (such as wedding location on making your page).
- Product research and development:We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- Ads and other sponsored content:We may use the information we have about you-including information about your interests, actions and connections-to select and personalize ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on WittyVows’ Products. For example, we use data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies & guidelines.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
3. How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
People and accounts you share and communicate with
When you share and communicate using our Products, you choose the audience for what you share. For example, when you create a LIVE wedding on WittyVows, you select the audience for the same as guests ie, a customized list of people. Your network can then see actions you have taken on our Products, including engagement with ads and sponsored content.
Public Information can be seen by anyone, on or off our Products, including if they don’t have an account. This includes your WittyVows username; any information you share with a public audience; information in your public profile on WittyVows and content you share on a public Live Wedding, Awards submissions and features. You, other people using Wittyvows and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off our Products, including in our social media, in search results, or through tools and APIs. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs, and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with our Products.
Other than information you share for public features and award contests, you can decide if you want your live event to be public or private.
Content others share or reshare about you
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our Products can choose to share it with others on and off our Products, including people and businesses outside the audience you shared with. For example, when you share a photo to a LIVE Wedding, they can download, screenshot, or reshare that content to others across or off our Products.
People can also use our Products to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in the wedding, or mention you at a location in a post, or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you are uncomfortable with what others have shared about you on our Products, you can report the content.
Information about your active status or presence on our Products.
People in your networks can see signals telling them whether you are active on our Products, example – your connections in a LIVE wedding can be notified that you are broadcasting a video.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Products or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Products which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
Partners who use our analytics services.
We provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people understand how others are engaging with their posts, Pages, videos and other content on WittyVows. For example, Page admins receive information about the number of people or accounts that viewed, reacted to, or commented on their posts, as well as other information that helps them understand interactions with their Page or account.
We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don’t share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are).
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
4. How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and erase your data via settings you can easily access when using the WittyVows Platform.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. When you delete your account, you won’t be able to recover your information later. Information that others have shared about you in your wedding page isn’t part of your account and won’t be deleted. When you delete a wedding – we delete all the information in the wedding posted by others as well other than incase of a public wedding, where we delete only the content within the wedding and may continue to share the information showcased in the feed, features or submissions for awards. To delete your account at any time, please visit your profile settings. For wedding deletion please use the main menu on the weddings page.
5. How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of India when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Products.
Information we receive about you can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for terms violations for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
6. How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
7. How to contact WittyVows with questions
You can learn more about how privacy works on. If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us as described below. You can contact by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.